Thursday, September 11, 2014

Post #2 - Auby Chase Brown - Bizzell Library

I have always loved this building. Since I first came to OU, the design of it has stood out to me. Not only did the university do a fantastic job with the white trimmed contrast of the building against the red brick, but they also found the perfect spot for it. Every day, in front of the huge expanse of the South Oval, it is easily visible and very distinct from its surroundings. I love everything about this building from the outside. Even the inside has amazing design elements. The decorative designs near the ceiling, the chandeliers, the Reading Room, it all flows extremely well together. Even the furniture seems to have been picked with the library's design in mind! The combination of incredible interior design and decor has really put this building high on my list of favorite building designs. In some cases, even the books seem to be used aesthetically. Lastly, this building brings me memories of hard work and perseverance. I have worked many hard and proud hours here to do well in school. Unfortunately, I still have many to go, but I know I will not regret them.

No comments:

Post a Comment