Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Madhuri Patel #6 - Bartlesville Community Center

For this week I picked to do the Bartlesville Community Center. I have alot of memories here because I was a dancer growing up and got to perform in many different recitals in the community center. Growing up I thought it was the most beautiful building because from the outside it looked like it has a multiple ribbons. The architect for this building was Wesley Peters and he worked for the Frank Lloyd Foundation. The community center was a great way to get everybody in the town in one area and it also served as a place for social gatherings. Growing up we had all our formal dances, homecoming dances, and winter balls in the community center. I even had the opportunity to celebrate my 16th birthday in the community center. Inside it has multiple rooms and one room has a stage where performances can occur. The dressing rooms were on the bottom and to get there you had to take a spiral ramp down, which was a lot of fun when I was younger. The community center is a beautiful building in Bartlesville, OK that everyone should visit.

1 comment: