Monday, September 15, 2014

Leah Parker - Post #5 (Week of 9-15 to 9-19)

Chesapeake Energy Campus
Leah Parker





This week I chose the Chesapeake Energy Campus for a few reasons. The first reason is simply because I like the architectural design of these buildings - the entire plot is laid out in a similar fashion to a university campus, which I am obviously pretty familiar with.  I do think it's very interesting that it is set-up like a campus, and I do like the feel and atmosphere in general that comes from this univeristy-esque physique. The second reason I chose this building is because I do have a few emotional ties to it.  My father began working there a few years before I graduated high school and shipped off to college, and without him landing a job here as a land-man, I would not have been able to afford college in the slightest and probably wouldn't be writing this blog today. Although my family is no longer affiliated with the company, I can say that I am glad my family (specifically my father) had the opportunity to dabble in Chesapeake Energy's affairs and provide me with the privileges I have today. It's also interesting that, I still have never seen the architecture of these buildings up close and personal, yet they still hold some sort of personal significance to me.

1 comment: