Monday, September 15, 2014

#4 - Auby Chase Brown - My Parent's House

My parents always told me how badly they wanted to build their own house when I was little. My father had all these technical and exterior specifications he preferred, while my mother was infatuated with the idea of having a very high tech kitchen and specific interior qualities. Finally, when I was in third grade, we began building our new house. A year later we moved in. I obviously love this house for all of it's memories, but I also really like many elements of it's design. The front doors, for example, are enormous. They look like the entrance to a castle with the grand front steps. The backyard, however, is where the house excels most. It is a gorgeous slew of hedges, flowers, and trees, it's centerpiece a rock surrounded pool. Tacky features like a diving board were not installed. Everything was fit to match and it was all designed with this intention from the start. I hope to one day accomplish such a feat of my own!

1 comment: