Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Leah Parker - Post #7 (Week of 9-29 to 10-3)

Putnam City North High School




This is a picture of my high school, Putnam City North High School, home of the Panthers. I associate a lot of different memories and emotions with this building, and the 4 years that I spent there as a high schooler.  I remember being a freshman and walking through the doors, thinking what a huge school it was, and of course getting lost on my way to classes on the very first day.  I remember thinking that all the seniors were so tall!  Because here I am, a 14-15 year old kid, walking among these 18-19 year old almost-graduates that drove cars. I feel like high school is a pretty weird time for every one regardless of where they went.  I have met a lot of people here that I will remember forever!  This is the very last facility that I attended that really felt like "school".  To me, university seems more like a "job" that I do, paid in points that add up to a degree. Which is strange.

On another note, this photo features the brand new renovation of the gymnasium (my school was all about the sports and athletics, our soccer team was #1). This is not how I remember the school, as the renovations were completed after my year (2011) graduated.  This entire structure is totally new to me, and I can imagine that the kids attending high school at this time in their lives are having a little bit difference of an experience at PCNorth than I did 4 years ago, just due to this new structure. Here is a prime example of how a building's structure can impact the sort of experience or memory you have with a particular place.

No comments:

Post a Comment