Monday, September 22, 2014

Michael Carroll
Blog # 2


Sacred Heart Church is Catholic Church where I was raised in and going with my grandmother. This catholic church reminds me of the ancient roman catholic church in ancient times of St. Peter during Julius Caesar ruling 57BC.  "In Caesar the 500 year long Roman history of Trier began. The city became a cross-roads and a commercial link between major towns in France and along the Rhine. Trier has a classic rectangular layout, with the Forum  in the center. There were also several Roman Baths in town. The oldest preserved building is the Amphitheatre, dating from 100 AD." (http://www.worldheritagesite.org/sites/trier.html) The architecture that built in 1980s explains the ancient culture and the story of Christ thought monuments the wall and the architect design of the outside windows of Jesus mother Mary. The memories I here of going with my grandmother is singing in the choir on top of the balcony, taking communion, and being baptized as little baby during mass when I was born.   

1 comment: