Thursday, September 11, 2014

Leah Parker - Post #4 (Week of 9-8 to 9-12)



Moscow State University - Moscow, Russia (Day & Night Photos)


I chose Moscow State University, another site in Russia - particularly the "Main Building" of the university that takes care of all of the paperwork, enrollment, advisement, and etc.  I keep choosing pictures of buildings from Russia because they are all very unique and interesting.  In the United States, if you go through a neighborhood or down a busy street, most of the buildings match each other and seem very uniform - as if they were all different versions of the same architect's or builder's design.  But in Moscow, if you would take a similar route down a busy street or neighborhood, every building on the street will look entirely different from one another.  Each building was created from a different architect's design, and they all compete with each other by building next to one another.  My source is my Russian professor, who spends a lot of time in Russia when she can.

I think it's very beautiful to see the diversity of all the different designs on the same street.  I also chose this building because I am looking forward to studying abroad there either this Spring or Summer semester.

1 comment: