Monday, October 27, 2014

Tyler Hewett Post #10




For this blog post, I have decided to write about the beautiful and iconic Sydney Opera House in Sydney, Australia. I chose this building to blog about this week in honor of one of my best friends from high school who will be moving to Sydney next month. Ever since the 2000 Olympic games (Held in Sydney), I have always been fascinated by this building. I love how it was designed to resemble the sails on a boat. Given the scenic ocean front location, this design works exceptionally well. Another very interesting aspect of this building, is depending on the event held within the opera house, the building can project different colors and images onto the external "sails". As you can see in the above picture, the colors and patterns projected on the "sails" is just one more example of using a building as a form of artwork.  

1 comment:

  1. I was supposed to go there fro a sabbatical but it didn't happen yet

    ReplyDelete