Thursday, October 9, 2014

Mattarazo Pavillion, Sao Paulo, Brazil - Camila Mariane Ferreira #5


The Mattarazo Pavillion is another work of Oscar Niemeyer, a brazilian Architect. This place hosts an annual book fair called Bienal in Sao Paulo city. I particularly like its unshaped form full of curves. Regarding this style, Niemeyer wrote once:

"I am not attracted to straight angles or to the straight line, hard and inflexible, created by man. I am attracted to free-flowing, sensual curves. The curves that I find in the mountains of my country, in the sinuousness of its rivers, in the waves of the ocean, and on the body of the beloved woman. Curves make up the entire Universe, the curved Universe of Einstein."

Looking at the diversity of Brazil we can conclude that he was right =)

1 comment: