Monday, October 13, 2014

Madhuri Patel #8 - Chesapeake Energy Arena

I decided to do my blog over Chesapeake Energy Arena as preseason games start for the Oklahoma City Thunder. I have been to Chesapeake Energy Arena over 5 times and I love the arena. I have been there for a concert and then the rest of the time I have been there is for Thunder basketball games. The architect for the Chesapeake Energy Arena is by a company named The Benham Companies. The Chesapeake Energy Arena is still fairly new. It opened in June 8, 2002 after being under construction for 3 years. It used to be called the Ford Center and then Oklahoma City Arena and then finally it changed to Chesapeake Energy Arena. This was a huge project in downtown OKC and cost about $89 million dollars to be built. The arena fits over 18,000 people and it is the second biggest arena in Oklahoma. The biggest one is BOK Center in Tulsa which fits over 19,000 people. I have made many memories in the Chesapeake Arena and love going there with all the other Thunder fans.

1 comment: