Friday, October 17, 2014

Mathew Christian-Week 9


The Oklahoma City Art Museum is a wonderful place. I like the glass wall for an entrance. I really just love glass architecture. I am curious if they build that part of the building with that famous three story glass sculpture in mind. I mean, did they build that building and got lucky with that art piece, or did they built that building for the art piece? I do not go there very often, but the last time I went was different. It was the first time I went to the roof top on a Thursday night. I never knew the museum did that on a regular basis. I want to start attending more often. The roof was interesting. You walk outside in the middle of the roof. They had a bar setup right in front of you, so it is the first thing you see. You can go the right and they have a tables and chairs so you can drink, relax, and chat with your friends. If you decided to go to the left, there was some more chairs and tables, but they also have a little stage for bands and singers to preform on the roof. It is the coolest thing. I enjoyed the trees on the roof top; it was a little unexpected. I like the sandstone brick for the outside. It was a little disturbing that some of the tiles on the roof were loose. Other than the loose tiles, it was a great experience, and I think everyone should go.

No comments:

Post a Comment