Sunday, October 19, 2014

Leah Parker - Post #10 (Week of 10-20 to 10-24)

Petronas Towers - Malaysia


The building I chose for this week is a pair of towers (or skyscrapers) standing 170 metres above the ground by the name of "The Petronas Towers," a pretty iconic landmark in Malaysia's capital City, Kuala Lumpur.  The buildings were used mainly as commercial offices, I believe.  I chose this building because I think it is one of the more famous landmarks to people, but for some reason, not a lot of people that I have met know about them!  I think it's interesting that they are considered famous for their height and post-modern style. They are truly a pair of simple yet elegant skyscrapers!

As I said before, these buildings are, at least in my opinion, some of the most famous buildings or bits of great architecture from around the world, with one of the major reasons being for their height. The buildings were titled the of tallest in the world between 1998-2004 and remain a major tourist attraction to present day.  I will also mention that I read from an article that this distinctive, postmodern-style set of skyscrapers was created by the architects Cesar Pelli and Achmad Murdijat, engineer Deejay Cerico and designer Dominic Saibo under the consultancy of JC Guinto.

No comments:

Post a Comment