Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Mathew Christian-Week 10


I pass the Norman Regional HealthPlex on a regular basis. My friend and I talked about this building, and she said she hated it. I disagree with her, I like it. She hated it because there are three different types of bricks for one building. I see her point; it is pretty unusual. I do not really mind that. Keep in mind that I never set foot inside this building, so I think the three different types of bricks kind of sections off certain parts of the building. However, that is just an idea. What really wins me over is the blue, tinted, glass windows. I really just like that color. It gives it a modern look to it, which I love. I enjoy how the building curves, instead of just going in a straight line. Now that I think of it, that really is not the best for a hospital. You would want straight, easy pathways to get where you want to go in a state of emergency. This building my have some design flaws, but from an outside perspective, it is pretty great.

1 comment: