Monday, December 1, 2014

Sam Smith - 9


I was never a member of the Methodist Church of Ada, Oklahoma, but I had perfect attendance for one year straight. To tell you the truth this was because of a girl. I was in seventh grade, she was in eighth, and those yellow-brick Gothic architecture will always remind me of her.

I've never been super religious, I prefer to think of myself as spiritual. But this girl in my youth group kept me coming back for more of the good book every Wednesday. That is, until we had our first kiss. It's funny how anything can seem romantic in junior high. To me, the dark spire and concrete steps just screamed romance and I couldn't hold it in any longer. I grabbed her hand, pulled her toward me, and gave her a kiss. After that we decided to meet up at the local Subway instead of God's house.

No comments:

Post a Comment