Thursday, November 6, 2014

#7 Hoi Kei Fong - Forbidden City



This is the building from Forbidden City in Beijing, China. I like Forbidden City a lot because I like Chinese history. I went to the Forbidden City when I was in the Beijing trip in 8th grade. Before I went there, I always watch some TV dramas filmed at somewhere like this. Big palace and grand costumes made me want to go to the actual palace and feel how big and grand it really is.

Finally I really went there and walked there. It was really tiring to walk around the Forbidden City because it is huge. There is 999 rooms in the palace and I can't imagine how many people lived there to serve the emperor. However, we couldn't walk through the whole 999 rooms because some of the area are not allowed for visitors to visit. It makes me wonder even more how the other rooms look like. There are lots of myths like ghost stories and tragedies happened in this palace because emperors of two dynasties lived there. When I walked there though, I didn't see the black side of it, I only saw how great with all the buildings combined.

No comments:

Post a Comment