Thursday, November 6, 2014

Sam Crabtree Blog 10

My main focus for my future is to do custom residential homes. I have had my focus mainly on those designs, and learning more about strides made in that area, but that keeps me from noticing many commercial builds, as well as mass residential buildings. The Cayan Tower in Dubai was voted the best RESIDENTIAL high rise in the world. When I read that I was shocked! This build is really cool with the contours created by the “twisted” metal look, but I would think this is the office building of some major corporation. The fact that this was residential got me stocked! I really enjoyed the presentation we had earlier in the semester by the guy who was connected to Ideal Homes, and how he is creating living “communities” that have great design to them, and it would be awesome to see something like this integrated into the process he has begun just because of the great design in this building.

No comments:

Post a Comment