Friday, August 22, 2014

Week 1- Tower of London by Cooper Tate



This is the iconic Tower of London. I had the opportunity to visit the Tower this summer while I was in London. This building is significant to me architecturally and historically. The Tower was built in 1078 and has played many roles in British history. Seeing the Tower in person after seeing images in books and movies was an amazing experience. The Tower made me feel connected to history. Walking through the torture chambers, seeing recreations of the devices used to inflict so much pain and suffering... It was chilling at times, but all in all a wonderful place to visit and revel in the history and tradition surrounding one of London's oldest landmarks.

Cooper W. Tate

1 comment:

  1. I'm watching Sherlock and London is an amazing place

    ReplyDelete