Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Madhuri Patel #1 - Taj Mahal

The building that has made an impact on my life is the Taj Mahal in India. Both my parents were born in India and my siblings and I were born here in America. I have been to India 3 times and when I went the second time I got to visit the Taj Mahal. It was the most beautiful thing I had seen. It is made out of all marble and once had many different gems and diamonds that covered the whole area. Shah Jahan made this mausoleum for his wife Mumtaz that had passed away. The detail on the Taj Mahal is beautiful and I miss being in India with my extended family on that vacation when we went. This building shows me that even the wealthiest people experience love, happiness, grief, and sadness. When you enter the gates to the Taj Mahal, everything is in pristine condition, but the moment you walk out you see filth, poverty, and corruption. This experience showed both the good and bad side of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment