Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Davis Dillingham Blog Post 1


Davis Dillingham

      These are the CityPlex towers of Tulsa, Oklahoma.  Growing up in Tulsa, I have always been in awe of these towers.  Living in south Tulsa, these towers are the only building taller than twenties stories outside of downtown.  This caused me to be absolutely fascinated as a child.  Not only were they gigantic, but they were also structured unlike any other building in Oklahoma.  As I grew older, I learned more about them and what they were used for.  When I went to Norman for college, I would take occasional trips back home for the weekend.  Driving to Tulsa, there is a hill you come over and some of Tulsa is visible as you get over the hill.  The buildings that immediately stand out are the CityPlex towers.  These buildings have gone from being a spectacle when I was a child, to a symbol of being home now.

1 comment: