Monday, August 25, 2014

Leah Parker - Post #2 (Week of 8-25 to 8-29)


Week of 8-25 to 8-29


This is a photo of my little townhouse in Norman.  I chose this picture because it represents how my life has changed into something I made all on my own.  When I was a kid and I lived with my parents, I never got a chance to “decorate my room” the way I wanted to, or do other silly things like this that would generally be considered “normal” for a kid/teenager.  I also never moved houses once in my entire life until I grew out of my teenage years and shipped off to the threshold of college.  There, I started out my first semester in the dormitories of the University of Oklahoma and I absolutely hated it.  I moved out after only a semester, and found this little townhouse only 5 minutes away from campus and started living with my two best friends.  This house instantly felt like home to me, because everything was /mine/; I paid my own rent, a got a pet kitten (2 years old and huge!), discovered ‘living on my own’ to it’s fullest extent, learned how to cook in my own kitchen, and get to come home to people I actually enjoy spending time with.  I have lived here for 3.5 years now, as I am now a senior in college.  I am dreading the day I must move out when I graduate this Spring, because I know that I will definitely miss, and absolutely never forget the house on Glenn Bo Drive.

1 comment:

  1. I had friends that lived in one of those back in the day

    ReplyDelete