Sunday, August 24, 2014

Michael J. Week 1 - Marland Mansion



This is the E.W. Marland Mansion located in Ponca City, OK.  The home was built from 1925 to 1928 by Oklahoma oilman/governor E.W. Marland.  I was born and raised in Oklahoma, but did not visit this amazing home until recently.  When I walked through its corridors, I was floored by its extravagance and attention to detail.  I never imagined a home this grand existed within the borders of our state.  From a ballroom ceiling and chandeliers (that today would cost an estimated $2 million to recreate) to hidden rooms and passageways, it is incredible.  The home contains limitless elements of unfathomable wealth that really had my imagination churning during my visit. 

1 comment:

  1. been there and actually did a little restoration project there

    ReplyDelete