Tuesday, August 26, 2014

The Devon Tower - Lorraine Stanley
 
 

The Devon Tower is a sight to behold and is a very remarkable building.  The response from anyone that sees this building is absolute awe.  This building rises far above the rest of Oklahoma City at 52 floors, so you will notice this building as far away as Norman or as Edmond.  This building I feel represents the excellent and the dire side of the industry.   It symbolizes the American dream, the promise of a richer, fuller life with opportunity for any person that is involved.  The Devon Tower creates jobs for thousands of people in the city and perhaps one day even me. The diamond shaped faces on top of the tower, though, remind me of something ominous, dire.  It reminds me of the “Eye of Sauron,” always watching.  Petroleum sees all and it’s gaze pierces cloud, shadow, earth, and flesh as Sarumon would say.  Though petroleum is in everything that we, as individuals consume, this building brings inspiration to my career view.  The Devon Tower inspires me to do well in my degree so I can have that same American Dream. 

1 comment: