Sunday, August 31, 2014

James Curtin - Sarkeys Energy Center - Post 2


Sarkeys Energy Center is the home of the Mewbourne College of Earth & Energy, and where I take all of my Petroleum Engineering classes. It is the tallest building on campus and has a preposterous lay out. The first floor is entirely underground, and the second floor is partially underground. The rooms on these two floors are laid out in an alpha-numeric system that no one understands. There is a third floor completely above ground in the smaller southern end of the center and where a third floor should be in the tower section there is a "Plaza Level." Above the plaza level the floors go up, starting with the fourth floor, up until the 15th floor. The first time I visited the building I got lost trying to find the student services center.

This building is important to me because it represents my future as a petroleum engineer.

No comments:

Post a Comment