Thursday, August 21, 2014

Tyler Hewett post #1





For this assignment I decided to choose the Golden Gate Bridge. I have always heard the Golden Gate Bridge referred to as one of the greatest bridge designs in the world, but I had never really given it much thought until I finally saw it for myself. Eight years ago my family and I took a trip to California and we spent a significant amount of time in the San Francisco Bay area. So of course, we ended up seeing the Golden Gate Bridge almost immediately. 

The first time I ever saw the massive bridge in person I was in awe. I could not believe that a human being could have designed something so massive and magnificent. Especially over a body of water like the San Francisco Bay. I finally saw with my own eyes the extreme thought and detail that went into the bridge. Being in California for the first time and experiencing this marvelous structure with my family is why I decided to choose the Golden Gate Bridge.  

1 comment:

  1. I've been over that bridge 5 times and always amazing

    ReplyDelete