Thursday, November 6, 2014

Post 11. Justin Walton. TCL- Gauman's Chinese Theatre, Hollywood, CA

My admiration for this building makes me feel like a tourist but needless to say, when I saw this structure, I was in fact, touring. Like I have stated in some of my other posts, my father lives in California and loves to show us around the state. How can anyone go to California and not go down Hollywood Boulevard and enjoy the Hollywood Walk of Fame? Exactly. Likewise, it was once said that to visit Los Angeles and not see the Chinese [Theatre] is like visiting China and not seeing The Great Wall of China. 
 Gauman's Chinese Theatre is on Hollywood Boulevard and right off the Hollywood Walk of Fame. I've visited this attraction multiple times and am still awed not only by it's grandeur, but from it's popularity, fame, and history. The forecourt of theatre is where people like Tom Hanks and Marilyn Monroe imprinted their hands and shoes and signed their name in the cement, thus sealing their place in history and in the industry. It is the most desired theatre for movie premiers and will continue to be a staple of the movie industry in Los Angeles.

No comments:

Post a Comment