Monday, December 1, 2014

Seth Thomas - ARCH 3013 - Blog #1

These are the CityPlex Towers, originally known as the "City of Faith." These buildings can are located in Tulsa, Ok and were completed in 1981. Originally part of the Oral Roberts Christian Hospital and Research Center, but in 1989 the Hospital unfortunately closed down and turned into the office complex that exists to this day.


It's amazing to think that the design of these futuristic building started in the 1970's. It has unique sharp shapes at the bottom and then shimmering gold material that towers up into the clouds, you never get tired of looking at them. Aside from just looking cool, these towers hold huge significance in my life. As a kid coming home from an extended vacation, it was these towers you could see from miles away. It told me I was almost home, back to my comfort zone. Still to this day, coming home from college it's been a constant in my life that told me family and friends are within an eyes view.

No comments:

Post a Comment