Monday, December 1, 2014

Mariam Edwar - Palace of Fine Arts (#7)


This is the Palace of fine arts in San Francisco. I remember walking down the streets of San Francisco late at night and stumbling upon this gorgeous building unexpectedly. I remember standing there for few minutes trying to grasp the beauty of this building. To me at the moment it seemed out of this world. it resembled nothing around it and it was the only thing glowing in the middle of complete darkness. I first did not know what building it was and the next day when I told my friend about it I called it "the house of god" because it was very beautiful to me. I am still waiting to go visit it during the day because that was the last day of my vacation and I did not have time to return to the area again. the architect of this masterpiece is Bernard Maybeck who was also a professor at UC Berkeley which is coincidentally where I am applying for graduate school.

No comments:

Post a Comment