Monday, December 1, 2014

Mariam Edwar- Bizzell Memorial Library (#5)

This building is located at the heart of the university of Oklahoma campus. It is a landmark on this campus. All my OU friends have some sort of memory at this building and it impacted their lives in one way or another. It is over 80 years old which means multiple generations went through this building. This building witnessed many students attending the university of Oklahoma for their education.
Personally I have had semesters when I spent many hours working in this building. especially the basement before it was renovated. Although I mostly associate this building with studying and homework it has a special value to me because I made many friends while spending time there. It also got me closer to some friends that I already had. The architecture of this building is absolutely beautiful and I can easily say it is my favorite building design on campus. It was named after the fifth president of OU. I could not find information on the Architect of the building.

No comments:

Post a Comment