Monday, December 1, 2014

Alex Ngo #6

This is the Gaylord College of Journalism and Mass Communication.  It is the journalism unit of the University of Oklahoma.  It is named for the former longtime publishers of The Oklahoman.  Designed by Oklahoma City-based architecture firm Rees Associates Inc., the 107,850-square-foot facility was completed in two phases and anchors OU's South Oval.  Ever since I first came to OU, this building has always stood out to me.  It is right on the corner of the Lindsey St. and the south oval, so I would pass it every day on the way to class.  I would walk by it a lot at night too, when the top of the building lights up in changing LED lights.  The marquee that scrolls around the building is also a nice touch too.  I will always remember this building at OU, as it looks so nice and it was the first building to stand out to me here.

No comments:

Post a Comment