Monday, December 1, 2014

Alex Ngo #12

This is the Jesse H. Jones Hall for the Performing Arts, in Houston Texas.  I went here with my orchestra group in my freshman year of high school.  We got to hear the Houston Symphony Orchestra perform, and it was definitely an eye opener.  The orchestra played so well, and it inspired a lot of us to work harder so we could aspire to be like that in our concerts.  It cost 7.4 million dollars to originally complete it.  The inside of the concert hall is unique because the ceiling is made of 800 hexagonal segments which can be raised or lowered to change the acoustics of the hall.  The segments can actually be lowered enough to close the upper balcony, so the seating capacity therefore fluctuates from about 2,300 to 2,908.  I will always remember my experience sitting there in the rich red seats of the concert hall with my good orchestra friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment