Monday, December 1, 2014

Shane Parker #12

My favorite library is, of course, Bizzell Library. I have spent countless hours in this library over three and a half years and it became a comfortable place to me very quickly. When I first visited the University, this was one of the most visually striking buildings on campus. This isn't your everyday building when you are outside the academic setting, so walking in that large central structure for the first time filled me with awe. The contrasting use of white stone and red brick creates a very illustrious, almost noble appearance. This may be the first Gothic structure I saw in person, which means it would be responsible for me now loving the Gothic style. I cannot imagine a better building to be the centerpiece of campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment