Sunday, November 2, 2014

Columbine High School - Grant Inman Post 12



Columbine High School in Littleton, CO has received a lot of attention over the years because of the devastating shooting that happened there in 1999. During this time, I lived in the apartments in the top part of the picture that you can barely see. The experience is more surreal than anything and has changed me in certain ways. However, I remember this as one of the happiest times of my life. The park around the high school had several baseball and soccer fields, as well as a large lake with a walking path. The facility and the way the designers incorporated it into the community made it a fantastic place to picnic and play. In response to the shooting, the community surrounding it picked up the pieces and rebuilt everyday life again. For me, this place will always be a mix of baseball games, rollerblading with my brothers, and being a kid as well as the tragedy that captured the attention of the nation. Most of all, it taught me the importance of having a solid community close to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment